His house was situated on the Crow Wing Trail, near the Rat River, two miles south of St-Pierre-Jolys. This was a "resting place" for the freighters. Dating from the late 1800's, this typical Red River style house was built of hand-cut logs. The Municipality has designated the Maison Goulet as a historical building.
It was donated to the St-Pierre-Jolys Museum in 1985 and stands straight and strong on the magnificent Museum grounds.